Monday, June 9, 2008

Rain, rain, go AWAY


Now believe me when I say, I realize this is NOTHING in the scheme of things - a MINOR inconvenience, a blip, a little rain water where it doesn't belong. And trust me, I didn't freak out, or cuss, or jump on the bike and flee - I simply cranked the dehumidifier, grabbed a broom and did what I could.

We did anticipate this, with all the rain in the forecast and because it's happened before - back in April actually and even worse a couple of years ago - so most things are in plastic totes or up on shelves, (except for the one cardboard box almost full with Goodwill stuff that I smartly stowed on top of a tote along with a rug that should have been thrown away 50 times) and I finally convinced him to cut the rug he keeps in his reloading room around the 700 pound shelf, which I'm certain will reduce back injury and cussing to a bare minimum.

I wondered if we couldn't seal the old cracked floor with some type of miracle sealer. He says, no, but maybe different gutters will help when the roof is re-shingled later this year. We'll see.

Does anybody want to buy a house with a pool (not the pond) in a nice, quiet, safe, eco-friendly neighborhood??!

No comments: