Sunday, July 13, 2008

Brownie points

Another fantastic week of riding, gardening and crafting - due to the right amounts of sun, breeze and rain.

Even though there is no such thing as too much riding in my book, I am grateful for the times when a threatening sky convinces me to first share some energy with an indoor or backyard project before hitting the road.
Besides, the mosquitoes are usually less brutal earlier in the day.

While the berries and weeds get picked or a layout idea is designed, the productive side of my personality is satisfied - I have earned a check mark, and my "free bird" guilt is alleviated - I have accumulated some "brownie" points.

So yeah, it's true, during the few scattered days, during the limited few weeks per year, when our beloved Wisconsin weather is deemed "perfect", I am not. If it takes a rain cloud, and often several of his buddies, to keep me grounded to my commitments before I go and play, then let it rain - just not today, because I have highway to explore, brownie points to spend!

No comments: