Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Autumn Days

Summer is pretty much over...the leaves are beginning to turn colors, the windows have been shut day & night for the past 12 days or so, the garden is no longer producing, the neighbors have their blow-up/light-up ghost/pumpkin display in place, and I had to don scarf & gloves to ride the last 2 times out.

Fall clean up is well under way - so far I got all of the tomato cages down, the summer plants pulled and the spring bulbs planted in the garden; had the oil and fluids changed in the four-wheeled vehicle, even filled it up with gas...first time since the end of March!! Took all of the big quilts to the cleaners for freshening and laundered all the curtains and throw rugs. Still need to wash a few outside windows, which is an ultimate waste of time because our gravel driveway dust tends to end up blocking my view within days anyway...I'll do it just the same.

Looking forward to our family's "event of the season" this weekend, my sister's wedding!! Everyone will be home, so of course I'm cooking, cleaning and even doing some baking just in case a hunger pang should arise! I'll post some pix on Flickr as they come in.

Happy Autumn Days & Nights to All ~



A few sights from the week

No comments: