Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Spooky Family

little devil's parents
hardly a devilWhen I heard that my FRP was going to go out after dark, dressed up in a costume to bang on stranger's doors and beg for candy, I was like...I'll be right there, cuz this I have to see for myself!!

Unfortunately for her, she was only allowed to suck on wrappers, mainly because she has no teeth, but also because she has one of those Dads who will sell her out for a big Snickers bar and a Mom who refuses to let her try anything 'bad' until she falls in love with all vegetables first (good luck with that BTW!!)

We carved pupmkins (notice no braggin' photo of that!), baked pumpkin seeds, tricked & treated way past dark (the folks of St. Louis demand that trick 'r treaters tell a joke before receiving their treat - I had never heard of such a ritual, but think it's a fun one - they also offer adult beverages to adults which I declined, but also think is a fun ritual!) and in general had a very Happy Halloween...something I have purposely avoided for years. Funny what those little devils do to you ~

No comments: