Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Midwest August

August is bustling with action & activities - fairs, festivals, charity rides, concerts, cookouts, 08-08-08, Sturgis, job interviews..., so no lack of a destination, as if that was ever an issue. Saving myself for Harley-Davidson's 105th celebration the end of this month, seeing how I've just recovered from their 100th!

Rode my socks off this past week; literally over the weekend...too hot for proper biker attire, which I seldom subject myself to anyway; just right for swimsuit top, shorts & flip-flops. Found a mom & pop, five counties away, with tasty homemade ice cream and handmade cones; savored hot-off-the-press spring rolls at a nearby Farmer's Market; landed in a cemetery with tombstones over 150 years; spent the better part of a gorgeous afternoon in a pea field with 16 running combines; paused off numerous times to capture the beautiful landscape, as well as the mundane, never quite achieving the desired result, but close enough to relive summer's freedom once it's over.


Our garden of eatin' is ripening and producing delectable ingredients each evening and after yesterday's rain it will be bursting with goodies to share.


The almost daily communication with my future riding partner has surpassed the 30 day mark, which means we're due for a face-to-face - I'd like to see her swimming in the pool and napping on the front porch, but I also wouldn't mind the 900+ mile run to her neck of the woods. ~


No comments: